Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Printing Room/ Insatsushitsu

If there is one thing I would like for the schools back home to have, it is the Printing Room, with all the gadgets and accessories.

On my first week, I was printing my own handouts but as I reflect on it, that could create a big hole in my already pockmarked pocket so I gathered my courage to ask for permission to use from the vice principal. They’ve got all sorts of printers. One that is used for less than 30 copies, one for bulk copies, another for colored, and all sorts of punchers and cutters and binders and oh my goodness, they all work too!

Now, if only schools in the Philippines have all these, I think it would lessen complaints (and even rallies) from the teachers who are paying for their teaching materials out of their already meager salaries.

I remember the ordeal one has to go through before one can get her exams or posters printed. They’d look at you as if you have been squandering the government’s nonexistent millions. I had experience teaching at two state universities both for college and high school students and if I only needed like 30 copies, I’d rather have them photocopied at my own expense. And yes, no colored realia then! Just the old Manila paper technology.

I think that the insatsushitsu would be like a taste of heaven for public school teachers in the Philippines!

Note to self: Really have to buy a small digicam so I can take pics wherever I go.

1 comment:

  1. That would definitely be heaven! I guess whichever university or school back home has the same problem.It was the same for me. I was just lucky because I had friends in other offices that had copiers and were friendly enough to let me use it to avoid the melee for the copier in the college.

    ReplyDelete