Friday, October 8, 2010

Ohhh like a model!!!

One thing I noticed about my JHS now is that most of the teachers are “oshare” or fashionable. To be fair with the other school, it was sports festival preparation when I was going there so all I saw them wear were tracksuits, which, of course, were also as fashionable as one would expect. Today, I wore a suit because I saw that they have some sort of closing ceremony in the afternoon. I generally wear the usual blouse and slacks or skirt and sometimes with a coat depending on the weather but only because all the teachers dress so well that I thought I need to keep up. We were advised to be a notch higher when it comes to dressing but if I go another notch higher than these teachers, I’d look like I’m going to my child’s graduation ceremony so I just wear what is decent and available. As I sat on my desk today, my two neighbors told me that I always dress well, like a model! Normally, I’d be red with pleasure and embarrassment over the compliment but perhaps 6 years in Japan have made me immune to such compliments especially if I can't distinguish whether they are “tatemae” or not.

And they went on to rave over my “figure” and the fact that I just gave birth 4 months ago. (I think they just ignored my bulges or that my blouse was really a good fit that it hid them). Anyhow, I chose to have a good day and thus, I chose to bask on their compliments whether true or not, I don’t care. I feel good…

First class, the JTE suddenly asked me to do a crossfire while she runs back to the faculty room to get something. (that’s another one to get ready for everyday!)

English for the day:

Me: If you have one wish, what would it be?
Student: I wish for a good dinner!


---- My guess, the kid is already fed up with yoshinoya LOL.

And today is also one of those days. Yesterday, the JTE (Japanese Teacher of English) asked me if I could prepare something for the next lesson as she herself has no idea what to do. The next lesson was just reading and there was no new grammar or vocabulary to be introduced but the story is about gestures. I thought it would be a perfect time to introduce culture so I prepared different pictures of gestures used around the world. Well, I only prepared 6 and I explained the meanings in simple English. My mistake... I should have made it into a game or something. Don't explain! Demonstrate! Of course, it flopped hehhhe. The kids were bored.

The consequence? The JTE cancelled my class with the same subject next week. Well, whether that was the cause or not, I don't really know but I won't even waste my time assuming hehehhe. Today, we are doing a back to back class on the same section and she asked me to prepare another activity. Ahh! Second chance! Well, win some, lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment