Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Lunch Hour 2 (Their dreams)

I had lunch with one of my favorite classes at one of my elementary schools. Our conversation went towards their dream for their future because they were asked to write something for their yearbook. Here’s the translated version:

Pupil A: My dream is to go to Tsukuba University and study Library Science and then work in a library.
Me: Why Tsukuba University and library science?
Pupil A: The course is good at Tsukuba University and I love to be surrounded with books!
( I so admire this kid. To have such a specific dream at that early age is something!)
Pupil B: My dream is to be a permanent employee at Tokyo Disneyland but I won’t mind if it’s Disney Sea too!
Pupil C: If you do that, you’ll have to work till late at night! (TDR closes at 9PM)
Pupil B: I don’t care it will be fun! (Clearly she still has a hangover from their recent field trip to the place.)
Pupil C: Mine is to find a beautiful, rich, and perfect wife and be happy all my life!
Me: What is a perfect wife for you?
Pupil C: Somebody like Marya sensei! (I don`t know where he got that idea.)
Me: But I’m not rich! (Notice how I did not deny the beautiful and perfect part.)
Pupil C: Well, it’s OK because I will provide for her but it would be better if she were rich.
Me: So how would you provide for her?
Pupil C: I will work for a company that will pay me aa high salary. (Good luck with that kid, Iand great hours too I hope!)
Pupil D: My dream is to be a lawyer! I will go to Harvard!
Me: Good for you! You should do well in your English then.
Pupil D: I didn’t think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment